Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bricks from Heaven

I was praying the other day about whether or not to join a gym. There is an endless list of pros and cons -- the cost, the convenience, the focus, the potential for real change, how necessary it is, how practical to join or not join, etc.

The answer slapped me in the face a bit: "Do what you need to in order to not think about yourself all the time."

And I realized I have gotten a little [more] self-obsessed [than usual] in regards to weight loss. So what I take away from that unexpected answer is that I should make a plan and carry it out, instead of agonizing. Don't try, do! So you can move on to more important things.

I joined the gym and am enjoying my first week, and enjoying the extra mental space I have now that I am not sitting around wondering whether or not I should join the gym. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment