Friday, May 13, 2011

Submission #2


After my dreadful query fail I took a moment to nurse my wounds (and lash out unfairly at door-to-door salesmen) and then came back to the keyboard. After some reflection I think the article I was originally working on might be a bit too ambitious for a beginning writer. I am still working on it, but I am waiting to try to pitch it until I have some more experience with editors and publications.

So, in the meantime, I submitted a personal essay for consideration to a smallish publication that specifically wants thoughtful but not sentimental essays about motherhood. Right up my alley? Perhaps?

Of course right after I submitted it I noticed a spacing error and a typo. Sigh. I think they are minor enough that I may still be considered. I will update you when and if there is news on that essay!

Think happy thoughts for me, and for heaven's sake, don't mention Canada.

2 comments:

  1. I am hoping for you! I have been polishing some things up as well. Because lord knows government employees/those of us in academia don't make anything! But a publication would rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! :) good luck to you, too.

    ReplyDelete